- The faculty and staff are friendly and committed to doing what is best for the students.
- DES has a highly trained staff of teachers.
- The school is proud to participate in the Alabama Reading Initiative (ARI) and in the Alabama Math Science Technology Initiative (AMSTI).
- DeArmanville Elementary School is an accredited member of AdvancED.
- The custodial and maintenance staff do an excellent job of keeping our school and campus neat and clean.
- Our facility was built in 2011.
- All report cards are standards based. They are derived from grade level standards, according to the Alabama Course of Study. By using standards based grading and reporting system, we can readily identify academic strengths and weaknesses and communicate this to parents.
- Our students participate in Student Led Conferences three times during a school year. During this time, students will explain their progress in their grade level toward meeting learning targets to their parents. They will be able to explain strengths and weaknesses with grade level skills.This is a time to celebrate learning.
- DeArmanville houses approximately 490 wonderful students.
- Our mornings get off to a great start with a morning assembly where students say the Pledge of Allegiance, state our school’s continuous improvement process, review CHAMPS expectations, learn character traits, healthy habits, and safety tips, and celebrate their successes.
- Our students are motivated with a progressive, challenging curriculum.
- Students who experience difficulty with a subject are offered differentiated instruction through tiers of delivery.
- DES students are offered many Specials during the school year, which include Art, Music, MakerSpace, Guidance, Technology, Health, and Library.