Skip To Main Content

Contact and Assistance Information

"Who to Contact"

Help Guide

Human Resources Contact Information

Michael Maniscalco, Director of Human Resources- 256-241-3154;

Terrie Spurlin, Human Resources Secretary- 256-241-3154;

*Contact HR for professional leave requests, and certification renewal.         

Payroll Contact Information

Heather Cruse, Payroll,

*Contact payroll for questions related to benefits/insurance, employment verifications for income/loan purposes, experience verification for degree, and retirement paperwork.

 Contact or for Employee Self-Service concerns and W-2 Concerns

Please keep in mind that not all personnel will be available during lunch hours and the beginning/end of the business day. Appointments recommended.


Retirement System and PEEHIP - 1(877)517-0020                   

Retirement System and PEEHIP Website-

Retirement System and PEEHIP Member Online Service –

ALL EMPLOYEES MUST ENROLL IN AND USE MEMBER ONLINE SERVICES. This website allows you to make changes to your contact information for RSA/PEEHIP, add a qualifying life event to PEEHIP (ex., birth of a child), etc.



Who to Contact for Assistance


Local School Administrator or Powerschool contact at school needs to contact 

Powerschool Content by Role

Review Resource Link

Powerschool Resource By Role

Door Access

Local School Administrator needs to contact Mrs. Hayes

E-mail and Internet Access, including forgotten user names/passwords AND name changes related to log in/network access (in addition to contacting payroll)

See Local School Administrator first and local school technology coordinator. If you cannot reset your password or resolve, submit help desk ticket. 

Education Directory (EdDir)

Local School Administrator to contact Teresa Shaddix 

True NorthLogic Login and/or Professional Development

Local School Administrator and/or  Sherita Hayes is our system contact for login information, our system contact for PD is Michael Maniscalco and Brandy Russell

Transportation Questions (Bus routes, drivers, bus numbers)

Local School Administrator or designee

District contact: Joey Gallahar, Transportation Supervisor (256)241-3157

Name/Address Change


Payroll, Heather Cruse   (Must provide required documentation)

Absence Management and Time and Attendance including forgotten user names/passwords

Contact Human Resources

On-the-Job Injury of Employee

*Student accidents – Please send to Student Services

Human Resources

Principal/Supervisor needs to send completed OJI form within 24 hours of the injury.

Student Services, Sara Brewer

Substitutes (list and certification information)

Terrie Spurlin, Human Resources  

Background Check (all OCS employees are required to have a background check)

Contact Terrie Spurlin, Secretary, Human Resources



Request to Post Position(s)

Email to Director of Human Resources and cc: Terrie Spurlin. 


After submitting to Principal and Superintendent, email to HR Director and cc: Terrie Spurlin

OCS Supplemental Contracts for Current Employees and Temporary/Part-Time Employee Agreements

Supplemental: Human Resources Director. Temporary/Part-time: Heather Cruse, Payroll. ALL required paperwork for temporary/part-time employee agreements must be turned in at the same time. Do not send incomplete packets to HR

Local School Administrator

District Level: W-9 Forms: Submit to Business Office, Michelle Timmons,


Independent Contracts 

W-9 Forms: Submit to Business Office, Michelle Timmons,

Federal Loan Forgiveness Forms

Heather Cruse, Payroll

Employment Verifications for School Systems/ALSDE/or Certification ONLY (ALSDE Supplement Form EXP)

Heather Cruse , Payroll. Requests must be made in writing or via email. 

Certification Questions

Director of Human Resources

You may also contact ALSDE certification office for questions related to your status or other requirements. 

ADA Employee Concerns

Human Resources

Sexual Harassment Complaints

Human Resources

Complaints may also be made to the Superintendent

FMLA/Maternity Leave/Leave of Absence

Submit required doctor's documentation to Human Resources. Review board policy on requirements. 

Sick Leave Bank Request and Catastrophic Leave

Complete and submit forms to Human Resources

Catastrophic Leave Information

Catastrophic Leave Transfer Authorization

Employment Verifications for income/credit purchases (Home, auto, boat, etc.)

Heather Cruse,   Payroll

Any court document for garnishment, bankruptcy, etc. MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY!!!

Robby Jordan, CSFO 


NOTE: Employees are required to enroll online upon hire and all TCSS employees should have a Members Online Services account with PEEHIP for address changes or to add a qualifying life event. This does NOT have to be done through OCS.

1(877)517-0020 - PEEHIP

Heather Cruse , Payroll


Teachers Retirement System

NOTE: Employees should have a Members Online Services account. This is the same user name and login used for PEEHIP. This does NOT have  to be done through OCS.

1(877)517-0020 – Teachers' Retirement System

Retirement Paperwork Assistance

NOTE: We will not provide individual calculations for retirement purposes. All employees who are considering retirement should contact RSA directly to set up an appointment to have specific questions answered. We will, however, facilitate the processing of the Retirement Application Packet.


*Appointments required. Forms are available on the RSA website.