The mission of the Oxford City School System, the focal point of a growing, diverse community, is to ensure the academic success of all students through a student-centered system of individualized instruction, highly qualified staff, exemplary facilities, and effective use of all resources.
Oxford Elementary School is one of six schools that compose the Oxford City School System. Our enrollment is approximately 864 students. We have 73 certified staff members and 16 support personnel.
Our school is a Literacy Demonstration site for the Alabama Reading Initiative. We continue to strive for 100% literacy for all of our students.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- A safe and comfortable physical environment promotes student learning.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support learning.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in the learning process.
- A student's self-esteem is enhanced by a positive relationship with mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Students should not only demonstrate understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also need to be actively involved in solving problems while producing quality work
- Student's learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
- Commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if the school empowers students as confident and self-directed life-long learners.