General Music and Choir - 5th and 6th grade
Music Technology - 7th and 8th grade
Master of Arts - Music Education/Vocal Music - Jacksonville State University 2018
Bachelor of Arts - Music Education/Vocal - Jacksonville State University 2003
Certification Class A - Elementary/Secondary Grades PreK-12 Choral Music
Teaching and Professional Experience
I have been teaching public school for 18 years. Before graduating from college, I spent many years working as a camp instructor and choreographer for various high school marching bands. I have experience working with brass ensembles, majorettes, dance lines, and colorguard.
- 2003-2006 - established the music program at Coldwater Elementary and continued the music program at C.E. Hanna Elementary
- 2006 - 2010 - established the music program at DeArmanville Elementary and continued working at Coldwater Elementary
- 2010- 2016 - Oxford Elementary School, Music
- 2016-present - C.E. Hanna Elementary, Music
- 2020-present - Oxford Middle School, Music Technology
- 2007 - present - Jacket Sing-Sations Elementary Show Choir
- 2014 - 2016 - AMEA (Alabama Music Educators Association) Elementary Music Festival Coordinator
- 2019 - present - AMEA Elementary Division District 4 Chair
I believe that every child should have the opportunity to study music. While I do believe some students may have natural musical abilities, I most definitely believe that musical talent can be taught, and with proper training all students can grow into wonderful musicians!
In my classroom, I want students to feel free to be creative and have fun making music. I also want my students to learn to work together as a team, develop self discipline, and find and develop their creative strengths.
My career began in Oxford back in 2003, with my internship at Oxford Elementary School. Over the last 18 years, I have had the privilege of working, in some capacity, at every school in the Oxford City School System. In my free time, I enjoy cooking and trying new foods, running, listening to podcasts, traveling, and forever seeking out the best cup of coffee in the world! I live in Oxford with my husband and our dog, Henry.